Application and Kwatani Product
- Kwatani’s desliming screens effectively remove slimes (fine particles) from larger particles in mineral processing.
- Choose Kwatani’s desliming screens to provide the initial size separation for the larger and fine particles.
- Generally, the aim of the desliming step is to minimize the feed fines to avoid their negative effects in the downstream process.
- Kwatani’s desliming screens with screen media aperture sizes of 1 mm and less apply water to the material as it passes over the screen deck to assist the separation process allowing the fine material to pass through the screen apertures and to be collected in a single underpan below the screen and directed to the next stage of the process.
- Kwatani selects polyurethane screening panels with maximum open area, providing the best efficiency for any deslime or wet sizing duty.
- Come and test specific feed material at Kwatani’s wet and dry material testing laboratory.
Kwatani Performance Benefits
- Kwatani desliming screens are custom designed to meet the specific process requirements and achieve excellent efficiency in the removal of slimes (fine particles).
- Kwatani’s mechanically robust designs handle the harshest mining applications.
- In-house finite element analysis (FEA) on each custom design for optimum performance.
- Kwatani screens are designed for high load capacity, improved wear life and lower operating cost.
- Minimal maintenance required.
- Epoxy between bolted side plate assembly surfaces for additional corrosion protection.
- Kwatani also offers retrofit replacement screens that improve metallurgical screen desliming performance while seamlessly matching the footprint of existing plant infrastructure with minimal structural modification.
KWATANI CONFIGURATION AND RANGE
- Sizes range in width from 610 mm to 4270 mm wide.
– Horizontal deck
– Multi-slope deck
- Equipped with Kwatani premium vibrator unbalanced motors or exciter gearboxes for larger capacity applications.
- A variety of wear liners to best suit the abrasion/corrosion characteristics of the process material.
- Rubber lined, polyurethane or ceramic wear protection of the deck components and side-plates.
- Modular polyurethane, rubber or wedge wire screening panels.
- Static (detached from screen) and/or dynamic (attached to screen) water spray bar options available.
- 3 screen mounting options for optimized isolation (coil springs, rubber buffers and/or Resatec torsional springs).
- Counterbalance sub-frame option for minimal transmission of dynamic forces into support structures.