Drain & Rinse Screens
Application and Kwatani Product
- Kwatani drain and rinse screens efficiently recover dense media in the DMS process.
- Kwatani’s multi-slope screens will improve efficiency and reduce costs by improving heavy media (magnetite or ferrosilicon) recovery in both the product and reject streams.
- Kwatani can assist in optimizing the feed arrangement onto the screen ensuring the full width of the screen is utilised with low feed velocities to maximise the drainage rate prior to sieve bend and/or Kwatani multi-slope screens.
- Come and test specific feed material Kwatani’s wet and dry material testing laboratory.
Kwatani Performance Benefits
- Kwatani drain and rinse screens are custom designed to meet the specific process requirements and ensure maximum heavy media (magnetite or ferrosilicon) recovery.
- Kwatani’s mechanically robust designs handle the harshest mining applications.
- In-house finite element analysis (FEA) on each custom design for optimum performance.
- Kwatani screens are designed for high load capacity, improved wear life and lower operating cost.
- Minimal maintenance required.
- Epoxy between bolted side plate assembly surfaces for additional corrosion protection. Deflectors protect the undercarriage of the screen from corrosive media.
- Kwatani also offers retrofit replacement screens that improve medium recovery while seamlessly matching the structural footprint of existing plant infrastructure with minimal structural modification
Kwatani Configuration and Range
- Sizes range in width from 610 mm to 4270 mm wide
- Equipped with Kwatani premium vibrator unbalanced motors or exciter gearboxes for larger capacity applications.
- A variety of wear liners to best suit the abrasion/corrosion characteristics of the process material.
- Rubber lined, polyurethane or ceramic wear protection of the deck components and side-plates.
- Modular polyurethane or wedge wire screening panels.
- Static (detached from screen) and/or dynamic (attached to screen) water spray bar option.
- 3 screen mounting options for optimized isolation (coil springs, rubber buffers and/or Resatec torsional springs).
- Counterbalance sub-frame option for minimal transmission of dynamic forces into support structures.
– Horizontal deck
– Multi-slope deck
– Single/Double deck