Application and Kwatani Product
- Kwatani’s mechanically robust scalping screen design scalps coarse and fine particles.
- Typically scalping is the first step in the screening process. Large particles subject the vibrating screen deck to intense wear and strain due to significant drop heights and high tonnage.
- Kwatani scalping screens efficiently remove the excess over or under sized large or small material before feeding into crushers, mills, or other comminution machines in the downstream process.
Kwatani Performance Benefits
- Kwatani scalping screens are custom-designed to meet the specific process requirements.
- Kwatani’s mechanically robust designs handle the harshest mining applications.
- In-house finite element analysis (FEA) on each custom design for optimum performance.
- Design proven for the highest feed rates with up to 7000 tons per hour of heavy run of mine material ore.
- Kwatani deck beams, traverse beams and side plates are specifically selected and fabricated for guaranteed reliability.
- Kwatani’s integrated engineering approach matches its scalping screen panel design to the screen for high performance scalping and long life of screening media. Kwatani in-house designed scalping panels are proven to provide the best balance between impact resistance, durability and economy.
- Kwatani also offers retrofit replacement screens that improve metallurgical scalping performance while seamlessly matching the structural footprint of existing plant infrastructure with minimal structural modification.
KWATANI CONFIGURATION AND RANGE
- Sizes range in width from 610 mm up to 4270 mm, and mass up to 55 tons.
- Single or double deck configurations.
- Equipped with Kwatani premium vibrator unbalanced motors or exciter gearboxes for larger capacity applications.
- Screen media offered in modular or custom designed options including rubber, polyurethane and woven wire.
- Kwatani in-house engineered screen media delivers excellent wear life, ease of maintenance and superior safety features with Kwatani’s innovative heavy duty fastener configuration, ideal for heavy duty scalping applications.
Polyurethane, rubber or steel wear plate protection of wear surfaces.